Input needed

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
N9AMI
(@n9ami)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

Okay guys lets get something setup here. I would like to keep it simple as in the paperwork for myself. What sort of rally would you like? Bands? Times? Date? ETC ETC.. Anyone interested in being the offical rally director? Don't forget the AMI On Ten coming up in June. Hopefully we will have some propagation. I was on 10 yesterday and talked to a few cross country on ssb but zero AM action. Called cq for about 15 minutes.

John McGrath N9AMI
AMI# 1488
Executive Director

Posted : 12/05/2023 3:55 pm
(@w3slk)
Active Member Registered

John, I don't think I would promote anything higher than 40M. You can but what happens is you have stations frustrated because they can't hear other station as which occurs on 20M. The old 20M AM net used to suffer from that. Unless you want to promote it as a contest type of format where stations just call CQ in hopes of finding someone. Speaking for myself, I despise corntests because their sense of disregard to others on the band. Maybe supporting a recommended window of frequencies would work. But the closer you get to a corntest, the less participation you will have. I would like to hear what others would say though.

Posted : 16/05/2023 3:21 pm
N9AMI
(@n9ami)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

@w3slk I do not want "contests" as I think an operating event like rally is okay. As far as the thanksgiving deal it should be 40/80/160 I think. And a rally style no contesting I don't think AM operating style gives to the contest sort of thing. We like to rag chew. I would like to offer some sort of certificate for operators that turn in logs. I do know people enjoy that. However I think we can leave the contest type thing to AM Rally and I don't want to start listing who won things. Lets just operate, log some people and enjoy. Atleast thats my view. Of course I am open to all suggestions.

John McGrath N9AMI
AMI# 1488
Executive Director

Posted : 17/05/2023 3:45 pm
Share: