"Old Friends Net" 3715Kc

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@wa3vjb-am)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter

AMers in southeastern U.S. group among those down the band on 75m

Sunday afternoon I encountered a large group of 4's in an organized gathering at 3715kc. The roundtable was well underway, so I figured it was a scheduled net of some kind.

Indeed, the "Old Friends Net" was having its regular Sunday gathering there, and I came in at the tail end of it.

In my opinion, it is healthy and helpful to distribute these gatherings across more than the usual AM corridor. Here in the mid-Atlantic region of the U.S., I hear so much AM in that small area that there are significant problems of coordination.

Not only does setting up elsewhere help those who remain in the 3870-3890 range, but it greatly increases the listening enjoyment of those who find more elbow room by setting up elsewhere.  Here's what the gathering sounded like in Maryland.

I think it might be worthwhile to create a list of these gatherings to help newcomers participate. Information and contributions of who, where and when, welcome. Just post in the Comments and I'll compile them later.

This topic was modified 1 year ago 3 times by WA3VJB-AM

Posted : 02/01/2023 3:26 pm
N9AMI
(@n9ami)
Estimable Member Admin

I added their groups io page to the affiliation page of the website.  Thanks for the sound file. 

John McGrath N9AMI
AMI# 1488
Executive Director

Posted : 02/01/2023 4:47 pm
Share: